Week 4’s video to honor ADHD Awareness Month tackles common myths about ADHD.
Common Myths that are NOT True:
- 1. ADHD is just bad behavior from poor parenting.
- 2. If you can focus for a long time you don’t have ADHD.
- 3. Eliminating sugar and eating clean will fix ADHD.
- 4. People always outgrow ADHD.
- 5. Successful people can’t have ADHD.
- 6. Smart people can’t have ADHD.
- 7. The medications to treat ADHD will lead to drug abuse.
- 8. ADHD is just an excuse for laziness. They should just try harder.
- Hyperfocus: The Flip Side of ADHD? (Child Mind Institute)
- ADHD and the Myth of Laziness: What You Need to Know (Understood)
- ADHD and Diet: What You Need to Know (Understood)
- Parents Guide to ADHD (Child Mind Institute)
- Teachers Guide to ADHD in the Classroom (Child Mind Institute)
- CHADD: For Adults (CHADD)
- Unlocking the Potential of Gifted Kids with ADHD (ADDitude Magazine)
- ADHD and Substance Abuse: The Link Parents Need to Know (Healthy Children- AAP)
- Substance Abuse and ADHD (CHADD)